ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with <javac> task
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 07:19:16 GMT
At 08:14  14/11/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I created my build successfully on W2K. Now I want to use it on AIX and this
>is the problem. Ant tells me that it could not use javac because it is not
>available. When I call javac on the shell it works. Any suggestions?

It sounds like you have not set JAVA_HOME (or have set it to JRE rather
than JDK). You need to set it to base JDK directory because ant scripts
look for tools.jar relative to that (and tools.jar contains the javac
compiler). Alternatively you can grab the jikes compiler which is a much
faster much more compliant replacement for javac. It is available at the
IBM opensource webpages or via www.alphaworks.ibm.com.

Hope that helps,

Pete