ant-user mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <>
Subject Deleting directories
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 16:54:31 GMT

While upgrading from ant1.1 to ant1.2, I struck this problem I can't fix.

I have a structure like:

WEB-INF/classes (with one file, info.txt)

I want my "clean" target to delete any subdirectory of WEB-INF/classes
except the CVS directory.
I don't want it to delete the info.txt file in WEB-INF/classes.

I don't want to have to specify exactly what package directories might end
up in WEB-INF/classes.

It seems simple enough : delete every subdirectory of a directory (except
excluded dir CVS).
However, I just can't figure out the secret. I've tried:

<delete dir="WEB-INF/classes"/>

doesn't work; it deletes the whole classes directory.

  <fileset dir="WEB-INF/classes" includes="*" excludes="info.txt/>

Doesn't delete anything.

Any suggestions???

Many thanks,

View raw message