ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: include and exclude files
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 03:19:46 GMT
Jessica,

Not sure if my yahoo mail is getting weird (or maybe it's just this dumb
NT), but your message came thru a bit scrambled, so I hope I got what you
were actually asking...

To use a file-list for included/excluded files, you need to specify the
"includesfile" or "excludesfile" attributes, not "includes"/"excludes".

But for your case, there really isn't a need to do it as an external file.
Just use: excludes="**/test/**", and you should be fine.

To compile an individual file (or sequence of individual files), do:

  <javac ...(attributes)... >
    <include name="com/pkg/file3.java"/>
    <include name="com/pkg/file4.java"/>
  </javac>
  <javac ...(attributes)... >
    <include name="com/pkg/**"/>
  </javac>
(Note: Since file3.java and file4.java have already been compiled, you
don't need to specifically exclude them from the final wildcarded big
scoop-up.)

Hope this helps,
Diane

=====