ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: ant breaking w/ lots of files?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 03:13:08 GMT
--- "Armstrong, Robert" <Robert.Armstrong@Winwin.com> wrote:
> Why should I do that? I implemented it this way because there are other
> files underneath the com directory that I do not want to compile. I only
> want to compile the files underneath com/winwin.

Right -- and includes="com/winwin/**" will do just that: pick up all the
.java files under com/winwin, but not under any other dirs in com -- just
the ones under com/winwin. If you said "com/**", then it'd pick up all the
.java files under all the subdirs of com.

The reason you need to do it that way is because of the way <javac>
figures out srcfile -> classfile -- you need to specify "srcdir" as the
path up to where the package-hierarchy starts, but not beyond -- the files
you tell it to include (by whatever construct) need to include the
package-hierarchy in their paths.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)