ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: javac task and classpath attribute
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 18:45:37 GMT
--- James Duncan Davidson <duncan@x180.com> wrote:
> I'd like to see properties go strictly to being defined at the project
> level. What was the compelling argument for going back to letting go
> everywhere? A message pointer would be fine.

Can't point you to a specific message, or say for sure if this was the
only thinking, but one thing about letting them be set at the target-level
instead of only at the project-level is that it allows for the flexibility
of what the property(s) actually gets set to, based on whether the target
that sets it is run. I wouldn't be in favor of seeing this go away, unless
the whole mutability aspect changes as well.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)