ant-user mailing list archives

From John Hempe <>
Subject Debugging references
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:45:32 GMT
So if I define something like:

<path id="compile.class.path">
  <pathelement location="${something}/classes"/>
  <pathelement location="${something.else}/classes"/>

How can I "echo" what "compile.class.path" gets set to?  How can I see it at
runtime?  I am running Ant 1.2, and when I try to refer to this construct in
a later "javac" task (for instance), I get some path that has nothing to do
with what I've set up.

Back when I was just using a variable ${compile.classpath} everything was
working fine, even though it looked ugly and I figured the reference way
would be more extensible.

I tried <echo message="${compile.class.path}"> but that doesn't work, so
there must be another way to dump references. . .but even running "ant
-debug" doesn't seem to dump the reference.

View raw message