ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ventimiglia, David" <David.Ventimig...@msdw.com>
Subject RE: Control flow (if,while,for) proposal in ant (xml based).
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 16:27:56 GMT
If we're voting, then I agree with Stefan.  This seems like it'd be taking
Ant too much in the direction of a scripting language, which I think it most
emphatically is not.

Cheers,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 12:39 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Control flow (if,while,for) proposal in ant (xml based).

 MR> Hi, what about some control flow in build.xml:

 MR> What do you think

No, please let's keep these things out of Ant.

 MR> does it makes sense?

Yes, but not as a part of Ant. Having a second tool that takes a XML
file containing what you describe and creating a Ant build file (like
configure for make) would be nice though.

Putting these kind of things right into Ant would make Ant something
different than it is today - and not for the better of it IMHO.

Stefan