ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Rosenberg" <ja...@squaretrade.com>
Subject Difference between file and resource in property task
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:21:49 GMT
Hello,

I have been playing with ant all of 1 day, so far.  I am using 1.2,
running on NT 4.0.

I am wondering if there is any difference between the file attribute
and the resource attribute for the property task.  The documentation
seems to describe each one identically.

I had hoped that the resource version would behave as a properties
file does within a java app, that is, if a named .properties file exists
within the current CLASSPATH, it should be enough just to refer
to the properties file name (without any absolute path info).

I can't seem to get it to work this way, however.

That would make it easier for configuring global properties, since
there would be no need to supply a command-line to ant with the
-D flag, just to specify a default global props directory, etc.

Much better to just have the properties file in the CLASSPATH.

What am I missing here?

Jason