ant-user mailing list archives

From Jay Ashworth <>
Subject RE: subject line
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 16:17:29 GMT
I have a filter set up in Outlook 98, and have all Ant (user group) related
messages automatically moved to my 'Ant' folder.  I don't have to keep
switching to the 'Ant' folder to see if there's anything new, because I've
enabled the View | Folder List option.  Any time there are new messages, the
folder name is bolded, and the quantity of new messages sits to the right of
the folder name: i.e. (bold)"Ant (24)"  If all messages are read, the name
is presented in standard typeface and reads as normal, "Ant"

So, there's a way you wouldn't have to 'constantly go to the ant folder ...'

Doesn't matter to me if there is a subject prefix or not, since I'm already
filtering them to an appropriate location anyway.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Carlson []
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 8:32 AM
To: ''
Subject: RE: subject line

Thanks for the suggestion of automatically sending the ant messages to an
ant folder.  I could do this (Outlook 98 has this capability) but then I
wouldn't be able to screen the messages as they come in.  I would have to
constantly go to the ant folder and see if there are new messages.

It seems like a basic, simple, considerate practice to have the mail list
server prefix the subject with [ant-user].  Every other mailing list I am on
prefixes their subject lines, there should be no reason (at least in my mind
:-) why this one can't as well.

Thanks again for the suggestions.  I assume there is someone at Apache that
could turn this feature on.  I'd just like to know who it is.

View raw message