ant-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Leser <le...@sup-logistik.de>
Subject AW: Fork problem with AIX
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 09:29:46 GMT

Christoph Leser
S&P Computersysteme GmbH
E-Mail:leser@sup-logistik.de
Tel. +49 711 7264112
Fax: +49 711 7289860

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von:	Stefan Schmitt [SMTP:sschmitt@raleigh.ibm.com]
Gesendet am:	Freitag, 24. November 2000 08:19
An:	ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff:	Re: Fork problem with AIX

> > /home/Ant/wep/tools/installer/src/build.xml:28: Execute failed:
> > java.io.IOException: /home/Ant/Ant/bin/antRun: not found
>
> Did you set ANT_HOME to /home/Ant/Ant? Are you using the ant script
> that comes with Ant or are you invoking Ant with a script of your own?

I set ANT_HOME to /home/Ant/Ant in my own script file which invokes Ant. I
do not use the script that comes with Ant. I think that the Runtime class
mighty be the problem or is it possible that I have to set some special
permissions to allow forking on AIX?
Do you think I should install java 1.3 and try it again?

yours
Stefan S

again: have you checked the AIX system environment? Theere is a parameter (
max processess allowed per user ) limiting the number of processes you can
fork ...