ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: ant breaking w/ lots of files?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2000 00:39:06 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Armstrong, Robert" <Robert.Armstrong@Winwin.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 10:03 PM
Subject: RE: ant breaking w/ lots of files?

> Why should I do that? I implemented it this way because there are other
> files underneath the com directory that I do not want to compile. I only
> want to compile the files underneath com/winwin.

Because it's the "right" way to do it :-)

If you use includes="com/winwin/**/*.java" ant should not compile anything
else (ok, maybe javac could decide it needs some other classes?, but Ant
will not take influence on this). You can take advantage of the feature that
only *.java files will get compiled which are newer than the corresponding
class-file (means speed :-) )

Nico