ant-user mailing list archives

From "William Ferguson" <will...@verveinc.com>
Subject PatternSets
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 05:28:21 GMT
Stefan,

I think you hinted at this in a previous post. How do I define a patternset
with project wide scope but allow it to use properties that are set in the
init target?

Is this the problem with defining patternsets at same level as targets?
And we can't define them within a target? Except for within a fileset etc.

SO how do I do it? Creat a dummy task that defines the patternset (but
somehow does nothing) that I am sure is called everytime, but after my
property definitions. So a dummy task in the init target ..

There seems to be some understandable confusion surrounding
patternsets/filesets and path-like structures. Perhaps a cleanup in the doco
for each of these so that the distinction between each is more obvious. It
would also be a good time to fix up the attribute/description tables for
patternsets & filesets so that they list include & exclude instead of
includes & excludes.

William