ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Dependency Checker for JAR Files
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 14:56:58 GMT
Holger,
> > There is currently no documentation for the task beyond
> what I provided
> > in the post to ant-dev about it. You can read it here
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=97271084914574&w=2
>
> Thanks a lot! I was reading this stuff, but what's still
> unclear to me is
> how I can use this information for determining what has to go in a JAR
> file and what not. Judging from how I interpret your post, it
> provides a
> means for checking whether compiled files are out of date. Or
> am I wrong
> here?

OK. You are going to need to look at the code for the details. The
depend task is indeed intended to check whether compiled files are out
of date. In fact it deletes class files which depend on out of date
class files. Thus, part of its code is to determine which class files
depend on which other class files. It is this latter capability which
you can take advantage of to have jars include all necessary class
files. For each file to be included in the jar, you determine which
classes it depends on and include those as well.

Conor