ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: enhydra make and xmlc tasks
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:37:06 GMT
Pete,

A fair while ago, William G Thompson submitted a task for xmlc. He had
made some changes to xmlc for it to work with ant and he included this
updated xmlc.jar file. This file includes gnu.regexp.* classes.

At the time, I had heard that there were some issues with APL/GPL/LGPL,
so I asked him if this was an issue. He stated that the gnu.regexp
classes were LGPL so he thought there was no problem. I wasn't so sure
and asked the list (and Duncan) for clarification. I didn't get much
feedback.

I don't whether Enhydra is using these classes or just William and what
that all means for an ant xmlc task. I'm not even sure about the
interaction between the APL and the Enhydra licence. At the time, I
quoted Duncan thus

> To quote James Duncan Davidson
>
> > The ASF board would have to make a ruling on that I think since we
don't
> > have a known way that the SPL (basically MPL) and ASF license
interact.
> It's
> > totally clear that they can use our code. But going the other way is
> > something I'm not sure of. I'll be asking and replying.
> >
> > .duncan

I looked at the time and the Enhydra licence seemed to relate to the
MPL.

I don't know the resolution of these issues. You seem to be more across
the licensing issues. Any ideas?

Check out William's submission here

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=86951893308217&w=2

Conor