ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Schmitt" <sschm...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Fork problem with AIX
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:52:57 GMT
Hello

I have a nice build environment which works on Win2000. But it have to work
on AIX. We use the Ant <java> task to execute a class.

<java classname="addclass" fork="yes" args="${src}/install.class
${dst}/install.class *.class *.gif *.lst *.dll *.script *.ico *.txt *.zip"/>

The problem is that we get an JavaIOException from UnixForkandExec on AIX.
If we do not use the fork attribute it seams as if the args attribute is not
recognized. Java 1.2.2 and Ant 1.2 (the GA version) are used.
Perhaps I have only to use the deprecated <arg> or call the class file by
the exec task.

Any suggestions?
Yours
Stefan S