ant-user mailing list archives

From "James Cook" <>
Subject Re: Target exposing Tasks?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:46:42 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Conor MacNeill" <>
> Unless, I misundestood you, of course :-)

Maybe a little. :-)

I wasn't planning on using Antidote, but when I saw that it parses the build
script and loads properties, I was concerned with why they chose that path. I
was worried that there was a strong design decision to go this route. Since I am
not taking this route, (as I am using the objects that Ant creates), I was
concerned that my approach was not going to work somewhere down the line.

I see that the Project at least exposes its Targets now. I don't have the source
in front of me, but I don't believe that Target exposes its Tasks yet, but
that's trivial. I will have to get intimate with the IntrospectionHelper to make
sure I correctly identify valid attributes for a task.

I too am building a graphical interface for Ant. I am planning on integrating it
into JBuilder, but I am designing it so that it will run standalone as well. I
don't want to build or run your GUI until I am done. It will be interesting to
see the differences in the two products.

View raw message