ant-user mailing list archives

From Bernd Donath <bdon...@bd-net.de>
Subject Re: registry JRE vs. JDK with java task
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:02:04 GMT
I made the same experience with Oracle. The reason is that Oracle updates the
global PATH settings under Windows so that their JVM (runtime and JDK)
is BEFORE the one from Sun. If you use the latest SUN JVM under windows
(at present 13.0.-01) some small startup wrappers will be added to
WINDIR\SYSDIR (i.e. C:\WINNT\System32). Adjust your PATH so that the
WINDIR\SYSDIR path is before the Oracle path and you will have no problems.
You can check the JVM version you have currently set with the command:
"java -version".  As far as I know the JAVA_HOME variable is no more required
since JDK1.2...

Bernd