ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: Unable to run EJB Jar Task ..
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:35:09 GMT
Ritendra,

Please upgrade to ant 1.2 as it solves most of your problems here.

> The reason why the ejbjar was running without giving error
> messages was because the task only recognises the xml file in
> a descriptor directory if it can find it with the rest of the
> source files. So the rule-of thumb is to keep the xml files
> along with ur corresponding java files.

This should not be necessary. In fact it can be a little undesirable.
One of the benefits of a deployment descriptor is to separate deployment
info from your code. Also if you want to deploy the same bean in two
different ways, you need two deployment descriptors. For this reason we
keep our deployment descriptors in their own tree, well away from the
Java source.

> The second problem (rather an internal one!) was that the
> proxy server from my organistaion was not allowing the xml
> dtd from the sun site to be reached. hence the problem with
> the weblogic.xml which it was giving. The way around is to
> copy and put the dtd file in
> c:\weblogic\myserver\public_html\dtd\ejb-jar_1_1.dtd
>
> When calling the dtd from the xml file replace the external
> http with the following:
>
> 'http://127.0.0.1:7001/dtd/ejb-jar_1_1.dtd'
>
> Remember to start the weblogic server before running ant.

Please don't do this. The changes included in ant 1.2 include the
mapping of the external DTD to an internal resource. The DTD is
available in the weblogic classes anyway and if this is in your
classpath, ant will find the DTD. Besides this is much faster than
getting the DTD from the sun site for every EJB. There is no need to
have a server running to run ant.

Conor