ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sunny Gulati" <sgul...@eai.com>
Subject javadoc in ant 1.2 crashes..
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2000 19:51:12 GMT
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade our build environment to use ant v1.2, but we're
running into a wierd problem.  When it gets to the javadoc command, it
crashes like so:

# ant clean all
/usr/local/sgulati/cvs/javaserver/dataserver/build.xml:78: Javadoc failed:
java.io.IOException: javadoc: cannot execute
java.io.IOException: javadoc: cannot execute
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:134)
        at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:268)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute$CommandLauncher.exec(Execute.java)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute$CommandLauncherProxy.exec(Execute.java
)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute$ScriptCommandLauncher.exec(Execute.jav
a)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute.execute(Execute.java)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javadoc.execute(Javadoc.java)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java)

the javadoc tag looks like this:
        <target name="javadoc" depends="prepare" >
        <javadoc packagenames="com.eai.*"
           sourcepath="${src.home}"
           destdir="${javadoc.home}"
           author="true"
           version="true"
           use="true"
                   package="true"
           windowtitle="eVis API"
           doctitle="&lt;h1&gt;eVis API&lt;/h1&gt;"
           bottom="Copyright &#169; 2000 Engineering Animation, Inc. All
Rights Reserved."
            />
        </target>

However, a coworker's build script, which called ant, seemed to work fine.
My coworker's script was setting up a custom classpath pointing to ant.jar
from version 1.1, and then directly running org.apache.tools.ant.Main.

I can run javadoc just fine from the command line.

I can recreate the javadoc crash consistently on 3 machines; they are all
Redhat Linux 6.x (with slightly different kernels), and we're using Sun's
1.2.2_006 JDK.  Is there a difference in how javadoc is called between ant
v1.1 and v1.2 that would cause this difference?  is there something I can do
to fix it temporarily?  Is it a known bug?  (the bug database has been down,
so I couldn't search it)

Sincerely,
  Sunny Gulati