ant-user mailing list archives

From "George McKInney" <geo...@tantalus.com>
Subject RE: registry JRE vs. JDK with java task
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 22:42:47 GMT
We had a similar problem. The Windows registry had been updated by an
install of another product that set something
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/JavaSoft/Java DevelopmentKit/CurrentVersion to
1.1.7 (as opposed to the 1.3 that it had been before). Check your registry
and see if that might be a problem.

That said, you don't want (I think) to be using a jre at all. The jre's
don't include the compiler, jar tool, etc. You want one of the JDKs.

George McKinney, Developer
tantalus communications inc.
500-1122 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 5L1