ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: R: Adding a timestamp preservation flag
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:45:47 GMT

 LB> Da: Stefan Bodewig

 LB> Adding a timestamp preservation flag to the copyFile function of
 LB> Project? I think could be useful in many tasks...

 > I agree, but it would be limited to JDK 1.2+ as
 > File.setLastModified() was not available before that.

 LB> Yes, but for the build of ant itself, not for building pre 1.2
 LB> projects...

Just to make sure we understand each other.

Ant can be built on JDK 1.1 and can run on JDK 1.1 - both statements
won't change to soon (Mac and FreeBSD people will tell you why).

Ant cannot preserve timestamps if running on JDK 1.1 (because it has
no way to change the timestamp). And we need to call setLastModified
via reflection or Ant cannot be built on JDK 1.1.

It shouldn't make any difference whether the project Ant builds
requires JDK 1.2 or not.

Stefan