ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Script task
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:43:50 GMT

 MK> Hello, excuse my ignorance, but I was looking for any docs about
 MK> <script> task, but I haven't found anything.

The docs/index.html in Ant's CVS repository now at least has some
examples but is less than sketchy.

 MK> I mean mainly how to setup environment, where to download
 MK> necessary jars and so on.

The first thing you need is BSF itself. You can find it at
<http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/bsf/> - go to
the "how to become a contributor" page and get the BSF source via CVS.

Next follow the link to languages and from there the links to your
favorite scripting language. Install the JARs you find there and you
should be ready to build BSF (Ant is required - but this shouldn't
cause any problems, does it 8-).

Simply type ant in the bsf-src directory and you are done.

HTH

        Stefan