ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Building a hierarcical build-file tree?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:21:30 GMT

 DV> (is it possible in Java to change the current working
 DV> directory?).

Some people have had success changing the system property user.dir but
it's not portable and has some strange side effects.

 DV> I would like to have two aspects addressed: the ability to
 DV> execute build files in a hierarchical fashion (in which each
 DV> build file is self contained)

Where the way properties take precedence is the main problem?

 DV> and the ability to reuse rules (which is possible via the ENTITY
 DV> declaration; it is the relative file problem that is preventing
 DV> it).

Ant 1.2 will give the parser the full path to the XML file it is
parsing. Relative paths should be considered relative to the XML file
not the working directory, so I *think* it *should* work. I'll give it
a try tomorrow.

View raw message