ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: large number of files
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 15:43:26 GMT
>>>>> "p" == pdurbin  <pdurbin@ADSretail.com> writes:

 p> I am new to Ant and was wondering if there is a place to peruse
 p> archives of this list.

<http://archive.covalent.net>

 p> I looked at the code and the ant calls javac and attempts to
 p> compile it with one call to the compiler.

To break it into parts, you need to know which files depend on each
other. I.e. if Ant passes only 100 files to javac and these 100 files
depend on 1500 other files, javac will compile 1600 files.

The only way to avoid this, is to break it into logical parts - this
can only be done by you, not Ant, sorry - at least as long as Ant
doesn't perform dependency tracking.

 p> Is this normal behaviour for it to fail on warnings ?

What kind of warnings, which compiler (i.e. which JDK version)?
Usually the warning itself tells you which file produces the warning.

Stefan