ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: dependencies in Ant?
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 06:48:14 GMT
>>>>> "j" == jeff  <jlb@houseofdistraction.com> writes:

 j> I type "ant", it builds B, it says everything is happy but we know
 j> better.  If I were to touch A.java and invoke Ant again it would
 j> give me the bad news.

Ant is not that clever yet - but this might change in the future. To
be extra sure you'll probably do a "ant clean" before you compile.

I've found that I rarely change interfaces or base classes after a
project has evolved so Ant's current approach (compile all .java files
that are newer than the .class files) is exactly what I need most of
the time.

In the rare occasions where this is not enough I take the extra time
to recompile the whole project (and I know when this needs to be
done).

Stefan