ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Building a hierarcical build-file tree?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:34:35 GMT

 DV> I disagree with the above premise that different targets in the
 DV> same build file works better.

I knew somebody would and actually I'm happy to see you are still
around to do so 8-).

 DV> Actually, this is not true since the build files can't be reused
 DV> and can't be called by other build files easily (problem with
 DV> SYSTEM includes and property values).

As for SYSTEM includes - does Ant 1.2rc still have the same problem, I
hope it has been fixed now.

When talking about properties (you mean that properties set in the
parent build file override those set in called builds, right) I'd very
much hope we can come to a conclusion about the future of them after
Ant 1.2 - and I'm counting on your input.

Properties are dynamic now which should already help a little.

View raw message