ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: directory problem with ant
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:05:31 GMT

 AS> package test;
 AS> public class Hello ...

 AS> <javac srcdir="."  destdir="."  includes="*.java" />

 AS> MY PROBLEM:

 AS> ant generates a "test"-subdirectory for the .class-files ==>
 AS> d:\classes\test\test\Hello.class

This is expected behavior, it is not Ant that is creating the
subdirectory but javac/jikes. The class resides in the package test,
destdir is the root of the hierarchy so the resulting class gets into
destdir/test/.

 AS> I tried to use destdir="d:\classes", but in this case ant decides
 AS> to _not_ use that "test"-directory ==> d:\classes\Hello.class

Well, this is something I've never seen - and I can't reproduce it
either (maybe because I don't have a Windows box at hand). Does it
work if you use destdir=".."?

Stefan