ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: property in basedir
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:44:33 GMT

 GB> As I see it it's a bug that the basedir in project can't contain
 GB> a property (at least java system-properties should be allowed).
 GB> Will this be changed?

Should be. Probably we should expand ${} constructs in all attributes
of project and target - currently they are only expanded for the other
elements. I don't think this will change for 1.2 though.

 GB> [...]

 GB> but the junit task tries to create files in /mypath where I don't
 GB> have write access.

 GB> Perhaps the junit task should have a logdir attribut?

I'm not that happy with the way <junit> logging happens ATM anyway,
I'd like to have it write the reports for all testcases into a single
file for example. But again, don't expect this to change for 1.2.

As a workaround, don't specify any basedir at all, but invoke Ant with
-Dbasedir=/mypath/${USER}, put it into ~/.antrc as

ANT_OPTS=-Dbasedir=/mypath/${USER}

for example.

Stefan