ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Introductory Article on Ant
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:51:04 GMT

 BR> OK, I'm confused.  It's not immediately obvious why it would
 BR> recompile on one and not the other.  Is this just a javac-ism?

If just the FAQ was up ....

Given <javac srcdir="src" destdir="dest"> for file src/a/b/C.java it
will expect the file to hold the class a.b.C (because Ant expects
srcdir to point to the root of a package hierarchy) and the
corresponding .class file to be dest/a/b/C.class.

With <javac srcdir="src/a/b" destdir="dest"> it will expect it to be
in the anonymous package and searches for dest/C.class which it will
never find (and therefore it will add src/a/b/C.java to the list of
files to compile).

Hope you're less confused now.

Stefan