ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: <tar> task bug...
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:22:37 GMT

 MRA> The problem is in short as follows: e.g. ant has created
 MRA> and I want to unpack it:

 MRA> unzip ...<lots of files being packed out>...  cd
 MRA> thezipfiledirectory/ bash: thezipfiledirectory/: Permission
 MRA> denied

<tar> would have the same limitations (i.e. it doesn't store and reset
file permissions either because there is no easy way to know the
permissions (Java's File API won't help you).

I've never had problems with the permissions Ant's zip/tar tasks
set. You can get around it by using <unzip> followed by <chmod> in

Only other solution would be to use <exec> and good old command line

View raw message