ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Ant gui tool
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:07:31 GMT

 S> Hello, I'm thinking on writing a Swing gui tool for using Ant.

Look for AntHill in the archives of ant-dev (you should be able to
find a thread about this in September) <http://archives.covalent.net>
- maybe you could join forces with Frederic.

 S> Also, does a GPL license create problems?

Yes, huge problems. We couldn't ship it with Ant and you'd violate the
GPL if you shipped Ant with your stuff.

 S> Would that mean that the jakarta project will be unwilling to link
 S> to it?

No, not unwilling to link, we just couldn't bundle them.

And then Frederic has announced that he's going to release AntHill
under the ASL ...

Stefan