ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: javac task and classpath attribute
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:33:39 GMT

 VD> What surprised me is that <property> CAN live outside a target,
 VD> since it is a task, and I thought all tasks need to be inside of
 VD> targets.

There has been a short period of time back in April where they even
were not allowed inside targets (i.e. they stopped being tasks).

Whether <property> is a task or not is more of a philosophical
question. Technically it is, but the concept behind it is somewhat
different. <property> and <taskdef> can live outside of targets and at
least in Ant 1.1 behaved a lot more intuitive if they did.

Stefan