ant-user mailing list archives

From Jon Schewe <jpsch...@eggplant.mtu.net>
Subject Re: jikes dependencies and ant
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 12:38:55 GMT
Peter Donald <pjdonald@cs.latrobe.edu.au> writes:

> At 08:40  2/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >jikes +M generates the correct makefile dependancies for me.  Now is there a
> >way to hook this into ant's depends option on a compile task?
>
> Not as such but I been thinking about a way to do it as I have been
> considering adding in c/c++ tasks recently. Would something like the
> following work for you ..
>
> <javac src="somedir" dest="someotherdir" depend-dir="dep-dir" .... />

This would work.  When running jikes with +M, by default it creates files .u
files in the same directory as the source files where the .u files have one
dependancy per line in standard Makefile format.  You should be able to do
this with only a call to jikes and then a special parser for dependancies for
ant.  If you want some help, let me know and I can make some time.

--
Jon Schewe | http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe