ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter James Donald <pjdon...@lx2.cs.latrobe.edu.au>
Subject Re: help! Ant doesn't compile on win2000
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:12:33 GMT
Hi,

It looks like you have a really really old version of ant.
You may want to get latest version from CVS or alternatively
the web pages 1.1 release. Can I ask where you got this
package so we can make sure no one else gets it anymore ;)

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Peter wrote:

> Well, I've spent my entire day trying to get my project built on my win2000
> PC.
> We don't have any problems building it on Solaris, but with the same
> version of ant nothing is happening on my local PC.
>
> I've created a simple 'hello world' java program in my C:\unix\test
> directory and put the following build.xml file in there:

> <project name="test" default="mytest" basedir=".">
> 	<target name="mytest" >
> 	<javac
> 		srcdir="C:\Unix\test"
> 		destdir="C:\Unix\test"
> 		debug="on"
> 		deprecation="on"
> 		optimize="on" >
> 	</javac>
>   	</target>
> </project>
>
> running ant will give me the following output:
>
> C:\UNIX\test>ant
> Buildfile: build.xml
> Project base dir set to: C:\UNIX\test
> Executing Target: mytest
> Compiling 1 source files to C:\Unix\test
> Performing a Modern Compile
> Completed in 0 seconds
>
> but no class file to be found on my system. Set all env. variables, even
> added tools.jar to my classpath.
> Using ant 1.3, jdk 1.3.0
>
> does anybody have any clues?
> help much appreciated,
>
> Peter

> Peter Hulst
> Imagelock, Inc.
> peter.hulst@imagelock.com
> (415) 616 7275
>
> An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Cheers,

Pete

| Latrobe University,     | Does the name 'Pavlov' |
| Bundoora, Australia     |    ring a bell ?       |