ant-user mailing list archives

From Gottfried Szing <go...@yasd.dhs.org>
Subject Re: Help with EJBJAR
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:44:45 GMT
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Dave Inskeep wrote:

> Here's the target that I've been using. Not perfect, but it
> works.
>
> (pre tags added for those with HTML mail readers, you can
> leave those out :)
>
> <pre>
>    <target name="ejbs" depends="compile">
>      <mkdir dir="${ejbdeploy.temp.dir}" />
>      <ejbjar srcdir="${build.dir}"
>              descriptordir="${src.dir}">
>        <include name="**/*ejb-jar.xml"/>
>        <exclude name="**/*weblogic-ejb-jar.xml"/>
>        <exclude name="**/ejb-jar.xml"/>
>        <weblogic destdir="${ejbdeploy.temp.dir}"
>                  classpath="${classpath.weblogic};${build.dir}"/>
>      </ejbjar>
>    </target>
> </pre>

because i am til friday not at work - tomorrow is in austria a
red-letter day ;) - i cannot test this. so the next question
could be very silly. i hope not.

usually for compiling a bean you need at least thres java source
files (remote and home interface and the bean itself). let us
assume these three are named Xhome.java, X.java and
Xbean.java. this is the convention we use at work. and because
this bean is a session bean i need an additional ejb-jar.xml and
a weblogic-ejb-jar.xml. and all this files - and only these files
- are located in e.g. /home/java/anttest/

so how would the target would look like? i cannot imagine how
this works. i dont got it.

first i have to compile the class files i think. right? e.g. with
the javac task. but how does the ejbjar task know what files to
take? does it extract this info from the deployment descriptor or
does it simply takes all classes in the src dir?

--
cu, goofy

To predict the future, you must know the past. -Pat Artis
    --> http://yasd.dhs.org/ ICQ: 34550587