ant-user mailing list archives

From Saviely <ca...@SDF.lonestar.org>
Subject RE: Redirecting stdout
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:22:01 GMT
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, marc Luce wrote:
> Thanks for the response - I will stop trying.  Are there plans to allow this
> in future releases - or should I just use <exec>?

I imagine you could subclass the Java task class and just call
System.setErr() & System.setOut() in the execute() method
(remembering to set it back to the old values).  Then put your
new task in build.xml with <taskdef>.

Maybe that's advice the developers don't encourage, I dunno how low-level
things should be.  But it would be more cross-platform and might save
time.  There should be a place where people could put up tasks &
buildfiles to critique and learn from, but this being open source, I
can probably shut up and put it up myself. ;)

Saviely