ant-user mailing list archives

From Saviely <ca...@SDF.lonestar.org>
Subject Re: name origin?
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:41:40 GMT
On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Lee Breisacher wrote:
> Just curious: Why is ant called ant? Is it an acronym for something?

I read on the Sept ant-dev list archive that no one has a clue.  (These
are the things I waste my time reading.)  But if you think about it, ants
along with humans (perhaps more than us) are the best builders of the
world.  Their communication is nonobvious... they coordinate and scale
well.  Which explains why having multiple buildfiles is obviously far
better than one monolithic, intelligent buildfile. ;)

...and one GUI to bind them all...

Saviely