ant-user mailing list archives

From Saviely <ca...@sdf.lonestar.org>
Subject RE: How to use ANT
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 01:07:51 GMT
Hi,

I think Glauber's concept of using only one build.xml would work best in a
single-developer situation.  But when dealing with multiple users using a
cvs, one really wants to take advantage of writing things just once --
sharing identical buildfiles as much as possible, having the developer
only worry about the dependencies of their subprojects, calling outside
properties files for user-specific environments, etc.

As the guy who is weaning everyone from JBuilder, part of my job is
probably to ensure that the bulidfiles break spectacularly and quickly if
everything is not ordered in the best way. ;)

Saviely