ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Brooks <wbro...@lug.ee.calpoly.edu>
Subject Re: Any interest in an XSLT task?
Date Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:26:12 GMT
On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, William McKenzie wrote:

> Seems like it would have good, generic usefulness and be pretty easy to
> implement using existing apache xml code.  I haven't been following the
> group for too long, so forgive me if this is old hat.

It already exists, take a look at the docs for the <style> task. I'm
already using it heavily in my own projects for taking source documents in
XML format (the DocBook DTD) and producing .pdf files from them using
XSL:FO.

Since we're on the subject, though, I can't believe that anyone hasn't yet
written a <validate> task so that one can validate a build.xml file, a
web.xml file, or similar before handing it over to some other tool or
server that will choke if there are syntax problems in the file.

Or am I wrong? I'll be happy to write one for Ant 1.3 if it seems like a
useful feature.

Bill