ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Brooks <>
Subject Re: Any interest in an XSLT task?
Date Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:26:12 GMT
On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, William McKenzie wrote:

> Seems like it would have good, generic usefulness and be pretty easy to
> implement using existing apache xml code.  I haven't been following the
> group for too long, so forgive me if this is old hat.

It already exists, take a look at the docs for the <style> task. I'm
already using it heavily in my own projects for taking source documents in
XML format (the DocBook DTD) and producing .pdf files from them using

Since we're on the subject, though, I can't believe that anyone hasn't yet
written a <validate> task so that one can validate a build.xml file, a
web.xml file, or similar before handing it over to some other tool or
server that will choke if there are syntax problems in the file.

Or am I wrong? I'll be happy to write one for Ant 1.3 if it seems like a
useful feature.

View raw message