ant-user mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <Barrie.Trel...@camtech.com.au>
Subject RE: how to make a classpath like "/java/lib/*.jar"? once for a multi javac task build file.
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2000 02:20:06 GMT
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Erik Meade wrote:

[del]
> > And then in another classpath declaration
> >
> >        <classpath>
> >          <fileset refid="classpath.build.lib" />
> >          <fileset refid="classpath.build.current" />
> >        </classpath>
> >
> > Barrie Treloar
>
> Good idea, and I hadn't thought of that, but... I still have to
> copy and past that bottom bit all over the place... I guess what
> I really want to be able to do is set my classpath in one place
> and I would like for that one place to be in the build.xml.  I
> have resorted to setting my classpath via script.

Exactly.  Thats why I would prefer the ability to id the classpath and
then, if needed, extend it.  Since I only get XML copying I can id the
classpath but I am not allowed to make modifications.

It would be much easier to type

	<classpath refid="classpath"/>

where a classpath was needed.

However I think we are starting to tread where XSL is needed :) as a
front end to ant.

Barrie
--
Barrie Treloar

  Barrie Treloar                      Phone: +61 8 8303 3300
  Senior Analyst/Programmer           Fax:   +61 8 8303 4403
  Electronic Commerce Division        Email: barrie@camtech.com.au
  Camtech (SA) Pty Ltd                http://www.camtech.com.au
 --- Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. ---