ant-user mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <Barrie.Trel...@camtech.com.au>
Subject Re: Integration with ClearCase
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:14:17 GMT
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Day, Jem BGI WAC wrote:

>    Has anybody produced an SCM Task to interact with the ClearCase SCM.

Not that I am aware of.

For me we just use the <exec> task directly.

One of the problems with clearcase (compared with cvs) is that we work
in-situ and therefore when you checkout an element its timestamp is
set to the time you checked it out.  Compare this with the cvs
checkout which gets a complete copy of the repository and allows you
to modify any element and it will be committed when you do the
update.  Clearcase requires you explicitly checkout each element you
want to work on.

Our usual way of working is, edit code, compile, jar, test and if
satisified that the jar is working correctly version control it.

Because you check out the vc'ed jar file its timestamp will be in the
future from the build's jar file.  Make sure you use the force option
of copy or you will find you aren't version controlling anything :)

Barrie
--
Barrie Treloar

  Barrie Treloar                      Phone: +61 8 8303 3300
  Senior Analyst/Programmer           Fax:   +61 8 8303 4403
  Electronic Commerce Division        Email: barrie@camtech.com.au
  Camtech (SA) Pty Ltd                http://www.camtech.com.au
 --- Level 8, 10 Pulteney Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. ---