ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Integration in JBuilder
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:07:25 GMT

Might I suggest you write your own extension to JBuilder?  Its been done
for VisualAge for Java (which I have been shamefully slow in getting into
Ant, and I've appologized to the contributors for that), and people have
posted emacs extensions.  Its your chance for fame and glory!  Sorry, no
money. :-)

Glenn McAllister

Please respond to; Please respond to

Subject:  Re: Integration in JBuilder

Marcel Schutte wrote:
> > some days ago there was a question which IDE supports Ant.
> > Unfortunately I can't remember if JBuilder was mentioned (I think not).
> > Also I found nothing on the Net.
> > Does anybody know a Plugin for JBuilder? Or has anybody tried it
> > using the JBuilder OpenTools API?
> I'm using a very low-tech approach for calling ant from JBuilder 3.5 on a
> win2000 machine. I've added an item to the tools menu which calls a .bat
> file with ($ProjectDir) and the ant target as parameters. This .bat file
> contains the command 'start /d%1 %2'. The start command is somehow
> to make it all work.
> A Unix version shouldn't be too difficult I guess.
> Marcel

this was also my first approach, but then I want to call different targets
and I
ended with several entries in the tools menu (which becomes very unhandy).
it's not portable - one of the big advantage of Ant (and also JBuilder).

But yes, to start with Ant and JBuilder it's sufficient, but I want more ;

Oliver Böhm                       # Even when code is so simple you could      # write in your sleep don't fall asleep # while writing it (Kernighan/Pike)

View raw message