ant-user mailing list archives

From gle...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: HTML tag in javadoc task attribute
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:36:50 GMT

No, you haven't missed anything.  The docs are missleading in this case.

Glenn McAllister

Please respond to ant-user@jakarta.apache.org

To:   ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  HTML tag in javadoc task attribute

Hi

I am using ant 1.2 on windows NT, jdk 1.3 and I am encountering a little
problem
with the javadoc task.
If I decide to add some HTML tag to the "doctitle" or "header" attributes,
ant
complains that I cannot use
`<` char in attribute value but instead "&lt;"
It is not a very big problem, but the ant documentation gives the following
example

<javadoc packagenames="com.dummy.test.*"
           sourcepath="src"
           destdir="docs/api"
           author="true"
           version="true"
           use="true"
           windowtitle="Test API"
           doctitle="<h1>Test</h1>"
           bottom="<i>Copyright &#169; 2000 Dummy Corp. All Rights
Reserved.</i>">
    <group title="Group 1 Packages" packages="com.dummy.test.a*"/>
    <group title="Group 2 Packages" packages="com.dummy.test.b*"/>
    <link offline="true" href="
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/api/"
packagelistLoc="C:\tmp"/>
    <link