ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Todd" <ct...@alabanza.com>
Subject RE: How to use ANT
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2000 20:46:50 GMT
<snip>
> projects. Ant works better if you specify one build.xml for the whole
> project.

Really?  I would have guessed having several ant subprojects, each in it's
own directory and with it's own build.xml file, would have provided greater
flexibility.  Perhaps that is only because I am thinking of using ant at
work, where we have about 15 developers working together on a large project,
with each developer working on their own small part of it.  I imagined each
developer writing a build.xml file for their stuff, then one master
build.xml file that runs each of the others.

Is this a reasonable strategy?  Any insights would be appreciated.

Chris Todd
Software Engineer
ctodd@alabanza.com
Alabanza Corporation