ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Todd" <ch...@christophertodd.com>
Subject rmic, javac, and packaging for deployment question
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 01:11:40 GMT
I hope you will forgive me if this is a stupid question; I am still learning
java, RMI, and Ant.
I am pondering how to handle the following situation:
I have a CVS tree with several sub-directories, each of which contain some
files that need to be rmic'd and some that only need to be javac'd.  After
compilation, I want to jar the resulting classes for deployment to two
different targets (client and server).
I guess the thing i would most appreciate suggestions on is how to separate
the files that need to be rmic'd from the files that only need to be
javac'd.  From there, running javac, rmic, and jar seems pretty straight
forward.

BTW, if "reorganize your CVS tree so all of your rmi classes are in the same
directory" is the best answer, that is perfectly acceptable; I had thought
of that (it is a pretty obvious solution), but I was just wondering if Ant
had some filter, property, or task magic it could perform.  :-)

Thanks,
Chris Todd