ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: ant compiles, but no class files
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:39:58 GMT
Nathan,

I am guessing you are using an old version of ant. Try typing
ant -version

If that doesn't work, you need to upgrade to version 1.1, or perhaps even
better, you can wait a week and upgrade to 1.2.

Upgrading to a later version of ant may involve other changes so a
workaround with older version of ant is to request a classic compile.
  <property name="build.compiler" value="classic"/>

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill
conor@cortexebusiness.com.au
Cortex eBusiness
http://www.cortexebusiness.com.au
-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan@leopard.com [mailto:Nathan@leopard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 18 October 2000 9:23
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: ant compiles, but no class files

Hello list,

I am hoping you may have seen this problem before.  Ant is seeing my source
directory and claims to have compiled everything, but no class files appear
in the destination directory (or anywhere else on the machine).  Ant does
create all of the other directories and files it needs to, so it doesn't
appear to be a permissions problem, and the source files are there.  84 is
the correct number of files it should compile btw.  The brief output appears
below, if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks,

-- nathan

Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: E:\project\project\build\deploy_war
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: compile
Compiling 84 source files to E:\tomcat\webapps\projectdev\WEB-INF\classes
Performing a Modern Compile
Completed in 1 seconds

E:\project\project\build\deploy_war>dir
\tomcat\webapps\projectdev\WEB-INF\classes

 Volume in drive E has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is CCBE-319C

 Directory of E:\tomcat\webapps\projectdev\WEB-INF\classes

10/17/00  03:41p        <DIR>          .
10/17/00  03:41p        <DIR>          ..
               2 File(s)              0 bytes
                          3,466,444,800 bytes free