ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: jikes dependencies and ant
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2000 23:13:23 GMT

This is pretty much as I have proposed it in the past, except I used a
single file for all dependencies rather than one per class. It seems more
manageable to me that way. Can Jikes do that? I guess I could add my depends
code in for Javac based users. Is the .dep file format documented and usable
outside of Jikes?

> In src dir you would see
>
> somedir/com/biz/MyClass.java
> somedir/com/biz/MyClass2.java
> somedir/com/biz/MyClass3.java
>
> In output dir you would get
>
> someotherdir/com/biz/MyClass.class
> someotherdir/com/biz/MyClass2.class
> someotherdir/com/biz/MyClass3.class
>
> Now in depend-dir you would see
>
> dep-dir/com/biz/MyClass.dep
> dep-dir/com/biz/MyClass2.dep
> dep-dir/com/biz/MyClass3.dep
>
> Of course the depend-dir would only be used in cases that it is useful and
> could be turned off by a magic property.

Why the need for a magic property?