ant-user mailing list archives

From r.mer...@siep.shell.com
Subject Logging javac error output
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:59:47 GMT

Hi all,

I still have some problems getting javac error output logged.
I use:

    <ant antfile="build_ant.xml"
         dir="${local.build.dir}/bin"
         output="${local.build.log.file}" />

from within my "build_central_ant.xml" file. The "build_ant.xml" file
does the compilation.
In this case the build log does not contain the javac error messages,
only the standard output.
Nor does it contain the Ant generated [javac] message prefix.
If I call "build_ant.xml" from the command-line with a -logfile
argument then I do get all the error messages.

I am running the ant 2000-09-19 snapshot on windows NT using jdk 1.3.

A workaround appears to be using:
<property name="build.compiler" value="classic"/>
Then the messages are correct and logged correctly to the logfile.

Is this expected behavior when using the "modern" compiler?
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Robert Merkle