ant-user mailing list archives

From Jon Tirsén <jon.tir...@emm.com>
Subject RE: Call for "success stories"
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:25:58 GMT
We at eMM Marketplace AB http://www.emm.com, a Postgirot Bank AB subsidiary,
are using ant to build our product, a marketplace for the nordic B2B
e-commerce-market. Postgirot is in Sweden the totally dominating bank within
electronic payments. We expect to dominate the swedish e-commerce market
leveraging their existing customer-base.

We use ant 1.2rc for ordinary development-builds and for the nightly-builds.
We use the StarTeam-tasks and several in-house built tasks for labelling
builds, doing ejbc, reporting change-requests etc. Also we distribute the
builds to test and other environments using the FTP-task (which is working
so-so). We also expect to use the JUnit-task soon for nightly smoke-tests.
The first and main reason for using ant is because all development is in
Windows 2000 and all tests and production is in Solaris. We really needed
the platform-independence. Also we like it because it's all Java and so are
we, and because it is so easy to expand.