ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mahlen Morris" <mmor...@yaltacomm.com>
Subject RE: Building a hierarcical build-file tree?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:52:13 GMT
I have a system like this under Ant 1.1, and we've found it very handy.
I wouldn't have bothered if I was just using it for nightly builds, but
the build script(s) also deploy the newly built code into a developer's
weblogic installation. Thus, one can change one's code in the source
tree (in our case Perforce), type 'ant build deploy' in the directory
where you changed the code (only building the package or parent package
you just changed), and then restart weblogic and test your change. We
were thrilled to pieces when it worked, as it saved people from scary
and error-prone file-copying exercises.

Sometime when I don't have a deadline smacking me around the room, I'll
post an in-depth description if people are interested.

mahlen

A man lives by believing in something, not by debating and arguing about
many
things.
        --Thomas Carlyle

-----Original Message-----
From: schmitt [mailto:3155131@gmx.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 7:13 AM
To: ANT
Subject: Building a hierarcical build-file tree?

Hello

I will use Ant to build my Java program. My program is built out of
several components. I will have a build.xml file for every component and
a control.xml file for the whole program. Is this possible and if, how?

The tree would look like this

                        control.xml
      build1.xml     build2.xml     build3.xml

Yours
Stefan S.